4-bay Professional-Grade Enclosure
Dual Thunderbolt 2 | RAID Ready | 4 Drive Bays | Mac
The Speed You Need
- Fits both 2.5" and 3.5" drives
- Incredible Thunderbolt 2 throughput
- Plug and play RAID-ready
- Up to 859MB/s read / 838MB/s write RAID 0 performance*
* Read and write speeds of sequential, incompressible data. Speed dependent on mechanism installed.
Empower your creative production workflow with this super-fast, 4-Bay, RAID-ready drive with dual Thunderbolt ports. Add vast amounts of high-performance storage with ThunderBay 4. Utilize each of the four internal drives independently, or use the software RAID of your choice to setup a multi-drive array for high-performance or data-redundancy.
Edit, Experiment, Create, Design
With ThunderBay's performance capabilities you can complete projects faster, have more time to experiment, and push your creations to the next level.
Enhance editing capabilities in video apps like Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and Avid Media Composer. Empower greater audio production capabilities in audio apps like Avid Pro Tools and Logic Pro X. Edit large photos in apps like Adobe Photoshop, and browse large photo libraries in apps like Apple Aperture and Adobe Lightroom. Simply put, you can do more with a ThunderBay 4 enhanced workflow, and with a RAID 5 array you get data redundancy on top of great performance!
Mix & Match Drives & RAID
With four drive bays you can choose to install all hard drives, all SSDs, or a mixture of both hard drives and SSDs. You can setup two or three drives as a software RAID and leave any remaining drives in independent mode, or setup two software RAIDs.
Four drive bays – plus so much more!
Built on OWC's time-tested enclosure cooling technology, ThunderBay utilizes an open "flow-thru" vented design with an oversized 92 mm, low-turbulence, noise-quieting fan to keep the drives running cool and reliably.
Daisy-chain up to six ThunderBays for massive storage capabilities and increased performance, or connect multiple ThunderBays to multiple Thunderbolt 2 ports to achieve exponential speed capabilities.
ThunderBay's drive isolating design reduces sonic resonance, and is aided by over-sized, rugged, vibration-absorbing, non-skid feet.
DisplayPort 1.2 Support
Dual Thunderbolt ports let you connect the display of your choice that your computer can support, including 4K displays.
OWC Thunderbolt Cable
ThunderBay comes with an OWC one-meter certified Thunderbolt cable, with other lengths from 0.5 meter to 3 meters available separately.
- OWC ThunderBay 4 High-performance 4-bay Thunderbolt 2 interface drive
- High-Quality, Certified, Double-Shielded 1-Meter Thunderbolt cable
- EU power cable
- 2 keys for front panel lock
- User guide
- Utility software bundle for Mac and PC
- SoftRAID XT Lite
- 2 Year Warranty
- Four 3.5" SATA hard drives up to 6.0TB
- Four 2.5" SATA hard drives or SSDs
JBOD / RAID Support
- JBOD: Utilize each of the four drives independently
- RAID: Use any Software RAID of your choice to setup the ThunderBay 4 for multi-drive performance or data redundancy.
- Thunderbolt – (2) Thunderbolt 2 ports
Max Data Transfer Rate
- It can be used as an external startup drive using Thunderbolt port.
- Any Mac with a Thunderbolt port running OS X 10.6 or later.
- Any PC running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or later with a Thunderbolt port. Driver required for proper installation. (3.3 MB ZIP)
- Boot Camp is not supported. The Thunderbolt certification process does not include Macs running Windows through Boot Camp.
- Intech® Hard Disk SpeedTools Utilities™ OEM (For Mac OS 8.6 – X only)
- ProSoft Engineering® Data Backup for Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later
- Over 1.5GB of Freeware, Shareware, Public domain software installed
External Case Dimensions
- 9.65"(D) x 5.31"(W) x 6.96"(H)
- 245.11mm x 134.87mm x 176.78mm
Enclosure Weight (no accessories)
- Approximately 8.6 pounds (3.9kg)